What you need: Any kind of musical instrucments that you have and your beautiful singing voices
* if you dont have any musical instruments you can make some out of items in your house. Use wooden spoons and bowls/pots to make drums, put rice into an empty bottle to make a shaker/maraca, Use empty toilet rolls as a microphone, use two spoons to bang off of each other to create sounds.
This is an activity that practices imitations skills so check out our 'Tip Sheet - Imitation Skills' post to help with this activity.
· Gather instruments or things you can use as instruments from around the house (pots, spoons, bowls, dry pasta shakers)
· Sing songs/play songs your child likes
· Make sounds using instruments.
· Ask your child to do the same.
Here is a nice spring song that you can teach your kiddies:
I’ll plant a little seed for you
Sang to “I’m a little teapot”
'I’ll plant a little seed in the dark, dark ground.