Teddy Bear Hospital
Area: Pretend play, imaginary play, fine motor, communication
What you need: Boxes/ Baskets, Cloths, Teddies, Stickers, thermometer, Muffin tray, tea pot, tubs, water and raisins Use whatever you have to hand.
· Put teddies in their beds in the hospital.
· Take their temperatures and put plasters on them.
· Pour out their medicine and give to each teddy.
·Give each teddy a snack.
· Pretend to be the doctor/nurse taking care of the teddies in the hospital.
· Pretend the boxes are beds and stickers are plasters.
· Pretend remote control is the thermometer.
· Pretend the water is the medicine.
Fine Motor Skills:
· Peeling stickers
· Putting tubs in the muffin tray
· Pouring the water from the teapot
· Picking up raisins to put into tubs.
· When you feel sick the doctor/nurse can make you feel better. How you feel when you are sick.
· Big/Small- some teddies needed big beds and some teddies needed small beds.
· In/Out- putting the teddies in the bed and taking them out of the bed.
· Full/Empty- some beds were full and some were empty. When pouring the water what tubs were full and what was empty.
Check out some pictures of this play activity in action: