Sensory Pasta Play
Here is a super easy activity that you can do with your kiddies that will allow them to have lots of fun and can be reused over and over.
Activity Area: Sensory, art, messy play, work, pretend/imaginary play
What you need:
· Any type of pasta
· Coloured paint (only use paint that is safe for children)
· Small plastic bags
· Paint brush
· Black bag
How to make:
1. Empty two cups of pasta into each plastic bag.
2. Pour in the paint colour of your choice.
3. Tie a knot in the bag closed.
4. Shake up the bag and move the pasta around by rubbing the outside of the bag so that all the pasta gets covered in paint
5. Open the bags and lay the pasta out to dry on the black bag.
Involve the kiddies:
· As you are doing this you can set the kiddies up with the art activity of painting some of the pasta with a paintbrush or using their hands.
· Pasta sensory bin: you can put the dried pasta into a tub/box and add in some figure toys
· Pretend Play: Kiddies can use it as food in toy kitchens
· Sorting Activities: put different coloured paper out on the floor and put the coloured pasta in a tub. Give the tub to the child and get the child to sort the pasta into the correct coloured card.
· Letters/numbers: Use the pasta to make letters and numbers. Write a number on a piece of paper and see if the child can make that number out of the pasta pieces.
· Car fans: Make a track using the pasta so that the cars can drive in between
· Fine motor: If you use Penne Pasta you can use it for a threading activity. Use a shoe lace and tie a knot at one end then get the kiddies to thread the lace through the pasta.
· Treasure hunt: Hide a number of items in a tub covered in the pasta and then get the kiddies to go search in the pasta for the items.